1. Thank you for taking the time to review our Terms and Conditions. At times, TechSoup Canada will collect certain personal information about customers and visitors to websites hosted by us. Such information will include both identifiable personal data, as well as non-identifiable personal information. Identifiable personal information will be collected when you sign a contract for service with us, or use our website for a transaction or subscription service. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit our website or those websites hosted by us, and stored for use in our system.
2. The purpose of this document is to explain to customers what types of information we will collect and how that information is used. In most cases, we collect this information to ensure network integrity and that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suits your needs. In some cases, we are required by law to collect personal information about customers. Except where the law requires otherwise, we undertake to protect the confidentiality of such data.
3. TechSoup Canada respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. TechSoup Canada collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire; and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
Use of Personal Data
5. TechSoup Canada may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, TechSoup Canada will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representative to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
6. TechSoup Canada may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
7. TechSoup Canada may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
8. Any information TechSoup Canada collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within TechSoup Canada or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site TechSoup Canada may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. TechSoup Canada cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
11. TechSoup Canada will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor. TechSoup Canada undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
12. TechSoup Canada reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
13. TechSoup Canada further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
14. TechSoup Canada reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
15. TechSoup Canada reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
16. TechSoup Canada may, in its sole discretion, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your use of this Site, and remove and discard any Content on the Site, for any reason, including, without limitation if you violate these Terms or the Community Standards. TechSoup Canada may also bar you from any future access to the Site. TechSoup Canada will not be liable to you for any such suspension, termination or prohibition on future access.
18. TechSoup Canada is an equal opportunity agency. Members must not engage in discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training or services, promotion, termination, and/or retirement based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status, other than as allowed by law. Organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to be a member of TechSoup Canada.