Eligibility and Restrictions
- Quantity: Organizations may request up to 5 products per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- Budget: Organizations with annual operating budgets of $5 million or less are eligible to receive this donation.
- Nonprofits, Charities and Libraries: Products in this program are available only to qualifying Canadian Registered Charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency, Canadian nonprofits incorporated either provincially or at the federal level and Canadian public libraries with a library symbol from Library and Archives Canada.
- Organization types: The following organization types are not eligible to request products in this program.
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation. A secular designation is defined as an organization separate from the church or religious organization that provides services to people regardless of their religious beliefs and does not propagate a belief in a specific faith.
- Terms of service: Organizations that request Tableau products must agree to all applicable terms of service, including, without limitation, terms outlined in the Tableau End User License Agreement.
- Anti-discrimination policy: Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate in this program. Organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
- Case study: Recipient organizations must be willing and able to provide information to Tableau for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this program.
- Product distribution:
- Donated products will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- Recipient organizations may not transfer or resell Tableau products.
About Tableau Software
Put together an Academy Award–winning professor, a brilliant computer scientist, and a savvy business leader with a passion for data. Add in one of the most challenging problems in software — making databases and spreadsheets understandable to ordinary people. Founded in 2003, Tableau is used by more than 29,000 companies worldwide across every industry — unified by their need to understand their data.
Tableau Foundation's mission is to encourage the use of facts and analytical reasoning to solve the world's problems. Our approach to corporate philanthropy is to enable and empower nonprofits with fast data insights to advance their work of helping people.
The Tableau Software donation program at TechSoup Canada provides data analysis and visualization software to eligible nonprofits and charities throughout Canada.
With minimal experience, you can use Tableau software to produce and share visual representations of any data your organization collects.