Logging in to the VLSC is the first step to accessing your Microsoft donation after you have placed your order. Please note it can take up to 5 business days from the day you placed your order for your licences to appear in your VLSC account.
If you have not yet requested a donation, please see our How to Place an Order guide.
Microsoft also offers a nonprofit discount for Office 365 and other cloud services. To request Office 365, organizations must sign up at nonprofit.microsoft.com. Technical questions about these programs should be directed to Microsoft.
- Getting Started
- Step One: Register at the VLSC
- Step Two: Accept Your Agreement
- Step Three: Install your Software
- Contact the VLSC for support
This is what you will typically receive after requesting a Microsoft donation.
- A receipt for the administrative fees associated with your donation. This email is sent by email@example.com to your organizational email address shortly after submitting your request.
- An order-fulfillment email detailing the nature of your software agreement with Microsoft and instructions for signing up with the Volume Licensing Service Center. This email is sent by firstname.lastname@example.org to your organizational email address within 1-2 days of submitting your request.
- After your first order with Microsoft, you can also expect a confirmation email stating that your open license agreement has been approved. This email is sent directly by Microsoft to the organizational email address within 3-5 business days of submitting your request. The subject line of this email will read “Welcome to the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center”.
If you have not received one of these emails within 5 business days of submitting your request, please confirm that the organizational email address on your account is up to date, check carefully through your SPAM folder, and then contact support at email@example.com. We also recommend adding <@techsoupcanada.ca> to your inbox’s safe-list.
If your Microsoft donation request has been successfully processed, and you are ready to install your software, please follow the steps outlined below.
If you have trouble with any of the following steps, you are entitled to contact Volume Licensing Service Center support for assistance. Click here for more information about contacting the VLSC.
The VLSC is an online tool for managing Microsoft Volume Licensing agreements, accessing volume license keys, sometimes downloading products.
Before you can download and install the software you requested, you must register and accept your agreement at the VLSC.
If this isn't your first donation request and you've already registered at the VLSC, skip to Step Two.
To register at the VLSC:
- Go to the VLSC at https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter.
- Click Sign In.
- Choose to sign in with a "work account" or a "Microsoft account".
- Most organizations should choose work account.
- Most organizations should choose work account.
- Enter your organizational email address that is registered with TechSoup Canada. This email can be viewed in your TechSoup account by going to "My Account", then clicking on the "My Organization" tab.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- When entering your Business email address, you must enter the same email address as your organizatioanl email address in step 4 above.
- You will receive an email that welcomes you to the Volume Licensing Service Center and asks you to validate your information. Wait at least 15 minutes and then click the link in this email to validate your email address.
If you aren't immediately prompted with the terms and conditions on the VLSC, it might take up to 48 hours for access to be granted. Try signing in to the VLSC after this time.
All donation recipients, regardless of their location, will be presented with a U.S. version of the Open License Agreement upon signing in.
To accept the agreement terms:
- Select the appropriate options for the Country of Usage and Language and click Display.
- Review the Open License Agreement, enter your name, and click I Accept.
For help installing your software, please refer back to our Microsoft installation guide index.
While you can always contact TechSoup Canada with any of your questions, most of your Microsoft/VLSC concerns can be more actively addressed by VLSC support.
VLSC support is included in your Microsoft donation, so if you have any issues with VLSC or your Microsoft software you are welcome to contact the VLSC Support Center.
Here are some tips for contacting the VLSC:
- To confirm your identity and your licensing details, VLSC support may ask for the license and authorization numbers associated with your donation. You can find these by logging into the VLSC and clicking Licenses > Relationship Summary from the main menu.
- If you are not able to log into the VLSC to find your license and authorization numbers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your issue. An Account Manager will email your license and authorization numbers to the organizational email address on your account.
- If VLSC support asks you to call your reseller to resolve your problem, explain that you did not receive the license through a reseller. TechSoup provides a service to Microsoft by administering one of their donation programs, but your licenses were issued directly by Microsoft. TechSoup Canada is not a Microsoft reseller. Our Account Managers do not have the tools required to resolve issues within the VLSC.
If you need more help, try reading our other topics about common VLSC tasks, including:
Have you tried following these steps, but are still experiencing issues? Try checking out the following resources: